Several of my .net friends, Kari, Geof and Brandi, do this and I’ve been wanting to start it for a while. I was tempted to start in January and do it as a resolution, but I have a feeling December will be filled with quite a few good things – so there’s no harm in a little early resolution!
1. Made gingerbread cookies for the first time – and tasted them for the first time. They were delicious.
2. I got to babysit my neighbors young ones. They are Cole and Grace’s age and are so much fun to watch!
3. Cole’s school got out early due to a gas leak, so I got to spend the day with my buddy.
4. Cole and I watched Labyrinth. The first time for him, the 100th for me (or thereabouts!)
5. My Huskers played the Texas Longhorns. While we didn’t win, we sure put up a good fight! Love watching that Suh play.
6. Grace and I went shopping and bought her the cutest Christmas dresses ever!
7. I got to see The Pioneer Woman today!
8. I met a great gal at Barnes and Noble today and we exchanged contact info! She has the same taste in books that I do. Should be fun.
9. I made Malboro Man’s favorite sandwich from my new cookbook. It was delicious!
10. I was blessed yet again today and got to babysit some kiddos that I hadn’t sat for before!
11. Cole’s school had an HVAC issue, so, as a surprise, I got to pick the kiddo up at 11. We had some good Aunt/Nephew time.
12. I got to spend some time with Gracie when I took her along to play with a friend during a sitting job!
13. Cole, Grace and I had hot cocoa and watched movies together.
14. I read a really good book today.
15. I met Neil Gaiman today.. and he signed my copy of The Graveyard Book. This was awesome.
16. I got a nap today. It was amazing.
17. Grace’s Christmas program was today. Not much else good happened – but lots of bad things did so I’ll just hang onto the memory of her program.
18. Cole’s Christmas program was today. He looked adorable and did such a great job. And I may have cried during Happy Birthday, Jesus.
19. Cole had a half day of school. And then we all had a great nap.
20. I actually got a lot of laundry done..and put away today! This was a good thing!
21. Arrived in Illinois to spend Christmas with the family.
22. Saw Avatar with Mom, Alec, Candace, Ethan and Evan. We all loved it.
23. Got to spend time with Meggan. It’s always a good day when I spend it with Meggan.
24. Christmas Eve with the family… I went to bed wearing Rubber Ducky Footie PJ’s!
26. Took my mom and dad to see Avatar again. Dad loved it as well!
27. Spend the entire day inside while it snowed outside. Read a lot. Relaxed.
28. Spent the day relaxing again! Got woken up early by my brother, but he made me laugh so it was okay.
29. Introduced my youngest brother, Evan, to The Princess Bride (20th Anniversary Edition).
30. Totally lucked out and replaced my five year old, broken glasses with a pair of glasses + lenses for a cheap $69!
31. End of the year 2009 – spent with just my parents watching Charlie Wilson’s War. Goodbye 2009!
Read Full Post »